Is it safe to take weight loss pills?This question itself is very dangerous and unhealthy to your body,can you take food pills and stay without food all the life,No right! So how can you think about taking weight loss pills?
What is weight loss pills or diet supplements for weight loss?
- To lose or gain weight
- To build muscle tissue
- To restore lost nutrients
- To improve sleep
- To improve physical functions like eyesight or to boost energy
How weight loss pills work ?
- It will make you feel full before you should have eaten too much (due to the ingredients like guar gum,psyllium)
- It will speed up your metabolism (due to the ingredients like caffeine,guarana,synephrine,B-complex vitamins)
- Curb your cravings for food ( due to fennel,chickweed,bee pollen)
- It will keep your body from absorbing the fat in the foods you eat ( chondroitin)
- Slow down the fat production of your body ( due to ( green tea,hydrocitric acid,flax seed)
Why weightloss pills are dangerous?
- High blood pressure
- Liver damage
- Kidney problems
- Rectal bleeding
- Increased hear rate
Let me tell you some diet supplements which are recalled and banned by FDA.
Hydroxycut -Recalled and Banned
Some weight loss products can cause severe damage to your vital organs of the body like liver,kidneys etc. Hydrocycut products are banned and recalled in 2009 because of reports of serious adverse reactions on human body,including hepatitis and jaundice.One person who took these fat burning supplements
died and other person’s liver damaged and required liver transplant.
Ephedra – Banned
Once it was widely used as an ingredient in diet products,the Chinese herbal stimulant ephedra was banned in 2004 because of its use could increase the risk of a heart attack or stroke.Very dangerous to have such medication.In 2005,Lower court ruled that ephedra can be used in small doses then in 2006,a federal appeals court ,reinstated the original ban,stating that tablet like ephedra was too dangerous to be used as a supplement at any dose.
Meridia – Withdrawn from market
So if you are taking excessive dose of diet supplements or combined supplements can be extremely hazardous to your health.Taking a fat blocking supplements along with laxatives or diuretics could cause electrolyte imbalance,fluid loss and diarrhea.If you are taking Overdose of stimulant products that could raise your blood pressure to very high levels dangerously,putting you at the risk of heart attack or stroke.
Limited research on weight loss supplements also makes it difficult to judge the safety of taking them.So it doesn’t mean the product is safe if it is natural.Though rare,some dietary supplements are liked with hazardous health issues like liver damage.
If you are using any product marketed as dietary supplements,FDA suggests you.
- To ask yourself if it too good to be true.
- Be cautious if the claims of the product seem unrealistic
- Check with your health care professional or certified dietitian about any nutrients you may need to add to your regular diet.
- Watch out for extreme claims such as “quick and effective ” or ” very safe”
- Be skeptical about anecdotal information from personal testimonials about incredible results from using a product.