Menstural cramps are also known as desmynorrhea,mostly used by doctors.Dysmenorrhea or period pains are painful sensations can felt in lower abdomen that can occur both before and during menstrual period.The pain ranges from less suffering to extreme cramps.Menstural cramps are tend to begin after an egg is released from the ovaries and travels down to fallopian tube,this is called ovulation.
Just now I got period and I thought to share my tips on how I get relief from periods pain.Its really suitable for me to write on this topic as I was getting extreme menstrual cramps and now also I feel so much pain every 2nd or 3rd month.You can not even imagine sometimes I roll on the floor and keep on crawling till I was not got getting a tablet but taking medicine and relieving cramps is temporary so I will share my favourite tip at the end of this blog and I am sure you will love it.
There are two types of cramps are often seen:
- primary dysmonerrhea is most common type of cramp which is identified by pain In lower abdomen and lower back pain beginning 1-2 days before the period or immediately begins when you get period.
- Secondary dysmenorrhea is characterized by cramping pains that are due to identifiable medical problem like endometriosis or uterine fibroids.
Treatment to relieve menstural cramps:
- Placing a heating pad or hot water bottle on your lower abdomen.
- Taking a warm bath may also provide you relief.
- Avoid food that contain caffeine and salt.
- Massage with essential oils like lavender on your lower back and abdomen.
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Excercise: Women who excercise regularly often have less menstrual pain.To prevent cramps,add excercise to your daily routine.
- consult a doctor for safe painkiller (Now I don’t prefer this)
- Add herbs to your diet like chamomile tea,fennel seeds,cinnamon, ginger etc.
- To decrease menstural cramps,Improve your diet with minimally processed foods,fiber and plants like papaya,brown rice,olive oil rich in vitamins.Walnuts,pumpkin seeds,almonds rich in manganese which eases cramps.Flaxseeds which eases inflammation and swelling.
- Drinking more water keeps your body from retaining water and helps to avoid painful bloating during menstruation.
- Drink hot or warm usually better to reduce cramps,as hot liquids increases blood flow to your skin and relaxes cramp muscles.
- There are many yoga poses can be used to relieve cramps.
- Boron is the mineral that helps body to absorb calcium and phosphorus.It also reduces cramps which is identified in 2015 study where it is found that boron also reduces the intensity and length of menstrual pain.Foods with high concentration of boron are Banana,avocados,peanut butter etc.
As I told you I will share my favorite tip to relieve menstural cramps,so when I started avoiding tablets and using hot water pads or bottle on my abdomen,whenever I use this technique during cramps I felt so relaxed.This is one of the best home remedy to stop periods pain as per my experience.