Harmonal Imbalance test:When your body has too many or too little harmones in your bloodstream it can lead to a harmonal imbalance.Harmones plays a vital role in our body and even a minor imbalances lead to side effects being experienced by both men and women.So if you are unaware about the symptoms of harmonal imbalance then you continue reading to know more about it in detail.
The glands and harmones affected will determine the kind of symptoms one can experience but thr most common among them are shown below.
- Changes in heart rate or blood pressure.
- Changes in sensitivity to temperature.
- Weight gain or weight loss which is unexplained.
- Sex drive reduces.
Harmonal imbalance will be experienced by everyone at some point of their lives.It can happen when the endocrine glands stops functioning properly.(harmonal imbalance test)
Harmonal Imbalance test in Women
Women will experience harmonal imbalances at different periods in their lifetime including:
- During pregnancy,childbirth and breastfeeding
- During the period of perimenopause,menopause and post-menopause.
Symptoms of Harmonal Imbalances affecting Women are:
- Irregular,heavy or painful periods.
- Constipation and diarrhea
- Clitoral enlargement
- Weight gain
- Uterine bleeding unassociated with menstruation
Men can also suffer harmonal imbalances and the natural causes of this imbalances are puberty and aging.Men are more susceptible to developing different harmonal imbalances than women as their endocrine organs and cycles are different among them.
Symptoms of harmonal imbalances in men are:
- Low sperm count
- Reduced sex drive
- Reduced muscle mass
- Erectile dysfunction
- Breast tenderness
After knowing all this,this is understood that men and women both be affected by harmonal imbalances and might even experience different kind of symptoms which might not be in this discussion.Taking a help from medical practitioner must be more effective to know more about your causes.I will discuss about the symptoms more in detail in my next blog.(harmonal imbalance test)
Common Causes of Harmonal Imbalances
Harmonal Imbalances can have many causes depending upon which harmones or glands are affected.Common causes can be:
- If the person has done harmonal therapy
- If the person is on medications or doing cancer treatments such as chemotherapy
- If person has tumors whether cancerous or benign
- pituitary tumors
- If the person is in stress or trauma
- If the person having eating disorders
While the conditions shown below can be caused by harmonal imbalances but having this below condition can also lead to further harmonal imbalances.
- Thyroiditis,Hypothyroidism or an underactive thyroid,Hyperthyroidism or an overactive thyroid
- Diabetes type 1 or type 2,diabetes insipidus
- Hyperfunctioning thyroid nodules
- High levels of cortisol or Cushing syndrome
- Congenital adrenal hyperplasia causes low level of cortisol and aldosterone
- Addison’s disease
Ways of Harmonal Imbalances Test
There is no single test can be done by doctors to diagnose a harmonal imbalance.Experts have told that, before taking an appointment of doctor,you should be prepared to describe your symptoms and the timeline along which they have occurred.Keep a list of medications,vitamins and supplements you are currently taking and show it to the doctor you will be visiting.
Doctor may ask you questions like:
- Are you feeling more stressed than usual?
- Have you gain or lost weight recently?
- Do you oftenly experiencing symptoms?
- Do you have trouble in maintaining or getting erection?
- Do you have Vaginal dryness or pain during sex?
- When was the last period?
Doctor may suggest one or more diagnostic tests depending on your symptoms.
- Blood test
- Pelvic exam
- Additional tests: Biopsy,MRI,X-ray,thyroid scan,sperm count test
There are lots of treatments are there for harmonal imbalances issue.Treatment can be done after examination of the cause of harmonal imbalance.Some common treatment are like:
- Estrogen therapy
- Vaginal Estrogen
- Harmonal birth control
- Anti-androgen medications
- Testosterone therapy
- Thyroid harmone therapy
- Flibanserin and bremelanotide